RSPH Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
Total GLH: 6
Total TQT: 6
Ofqual Qualification Number 600/0325/X
1- Learners should show an awareness of the principles of health and safety in the workplace.
• 1.1 State the benefits of good health and safety in the workplace
• 1.2 List the consequences of poor health and safety in the workplace
• 1.3 State the legislation that enforces health and safety in the UK
• 1.4 List the responsibilities of employers managing health, safety and welfare of employees
• 1.5 List the duties of employees in relation to health and safety in the workplace
• 1.6 Identify the penalties for breaching health and safety legislation
• 1.7 State the importance of preventing accidents
2- Learners should show an understanding of the hazards and risks in the workplace.
• 2.1 Define what is a “hazard” and a “risk
• 2.2 State the different types of hazards and risks associated with various common work related accidents
3- Learners should show an understanding of the welfare requirements in the workplace to promote the health, safety and wellbeing of staff and others.
• 3.1 State the benefits of good housekeeping in the workplace
• 3.2 List the key welfare features required in the workplace as determined by legislation
• 3.3 Identify the different types of safety signs used in the workplace
4- Learners should show an understanding of the workplace safety procedures.
• 4.1 State your responsibilities in reporting workplace accidents and incidents
• 4.2 List the first aid requirements in the workplace
• 4.3 List the different types of workplace personal protective equipment.
Course Fee £55 inc VAT Per Candidate (Discount available for group bookings)