RSPH Level 3 Award in Health and Safety for Supervisors in the Workplace
Total GLH: 18
Total TQT: 21
Ofqual Qualification Number 600/5100/0
1. Understand the requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
• 1.1 Outline the main legal framework and laws relating to health and safety at work
• 1.2 Outline the welfare provisions that should be made by the employer
• 1.3 Describe the sources and nature of information that demonstrate compliance and best practice with health and safety requirements
• 1.4 Outline ways that health and safety information can be communicated
• 1.5 Define the terms ‘incident’, ‘accident’ and ‘occupational ill health’
• 1.6 Describe the main causes of injuries and ill health at work
2. Understand the benefits of using a safety management system.
• 2.1 Outline the costs associated with accidents and ill health
• 2.2 Summarise the typical elements of a safety management system
• 2.3 Outline the benefits of using a safety management system
3. Understand the principles of risk assessment.
• 3.1 Outline the benefits of assessing and controlling risks at work
• 3.2 Describe the different types of risk assessment that can be used
• 3.3 State where specific risk assessments maybe required
• 3.4 State the steps to be taken to complete a simple risk assessment
4. Understand the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards.
• 4.1 Explain how the risks from different hazards may be affected by occupational, environmental, human and organizational factors
• 4.2 Explain how injuries, ill health and other damage may result following exposure to common workplace hazards
• 4.3 Identify suitable risk control measures using the principles of the hierarchy of control
Course Fee £295 inc VAT Per Candidate (Discount available for group bookings)